Friday, July 6, 2012

I don't have to paint my thumb green anymore!

I think??

Since I'm pretty much stuck at home most days... and severely lacking in adult conversation/stimulation... (and while I love crocheting, I still need a mental break from *that* even)...  I have once again, tried my hand at growing plants.

I have never been able to grow a plant before. I've TRIED.  And for the longest time I just left it as me having a "black thumb of death".  Either plants just don't like me, or I am cursed.  It came to a point where I would just buy plants and try (key word: TRY) to keep them alive.
How hard could it be??? Add water and sun?

I am now convinced... that like humans? Plants NEED LOVE to THRIVE.  This year I decided to actually give a shit about what I was growing. And the results so far? (ok, nothing to write home about BUT....)



Ok, so I can't even remember what kind of flowers I planted in this thing. But there WILL be flowers, and they WILL be alive :)
Also:



I don't know what kind of flowers these will be either (LISTEN, DON'T judge me ok?) But they're growing!

Finally: 




The husbands pea plants. (I'm not brave enough to grow anything that goes in my mouth just yet).


I admit, none of these are show stoppers... but I grew them, and I'm proud of that. Just more proof that stepping out of your comfort zone (even if you have to KEEP doing so)... can be a good thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment