Sunday, July 15, 2012

Urban farming for dummies? and more Buffalo lovin

You won't be getting advice from me about the urban farming, because I'm the dummy. But I have to admit, the idea has more of my attention these days. We haven't even moved into our home, and my brain is already buzzing with ideas (thanks a lot hubs)... As a family, we've been thinking more about what we do has an impact on the world. Mostly little things...  but we're trying. And growing some of our own fruits and vegetables not only would allow us to feed our kids better, healthier options... it'll save money on the food bill (don't worry... I'll still be stimulating the economy with my shoe purchasing) and any extra can be given to our friends and neighbors (sharing ftw). It's winning all around.

So for shits and giggles, I googled "Urban Farming". Guess what... 5 or 6 links down? are BUFFALO links. That's right. Buffalo sucks eh, but the city was on the first page of search results for urban farming. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself... (and nice to see the city TRYING to be more productive). In your face Buffalo haters!
The Massachusetts Project is a good example: http://mass-ave.org/ Located in the west side of Buffalo.. take a few minutes to check the site out.


On a completely unrelated to the title of this blog note, we should take the time to listen to children more. They have a lot to say.. and grown ups are too "busy" to listen to them. Then said grown ups want to complain when the children act out. Plus, kids aren't dumb. They act dumb sometimes, but really that's their way of filtering out all the grown up dumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment